What are complete foods/meal replacements? Complete foods or meal replacements are foods that are meant to replace how you traditionally take your meals. It’s a consumable good that’s initially introduced in liquid form and advertised as a ready-to-drink meal. Nowadays, you can get them in other forms such as bar, powder, instant cereals, and powder in a bottle.
Meal replacement, in particular, was first popularized by a software engineer named Rob Rhinehart. The idea came to him because he felt that meal preparation takes too much effort instead of doing more important things.
His soylent brand is an instant hit especially for busy people that are always on the go. Each bottle usually consists of 400 calories which are also very convenient for people with an active lifestyle because they don’t have to estimate the calories they took.
What is Latestfuels?
Because of the popularity of meal replacements, many health entrepreneurs have also delved into the complete foods industry. With this information to process, it may be difficult for us to pick which soylent alternative best suits us.
Latestfuels is an informational blog authored by Eñaut Betiri Irazabalbeitia. Latestfuels provides an in-depth analysis of the top meal replacements/complete foods in the market to help us choose which brand suits our needs and diet goals. He also provides discussions on why he believes the brand is beneficial and also listed some advantages and disadvantages.
This article will serve as your guide to some of the top-selling products meal replacement/complete foods around the globe.
Top Soylent Alternative In The US
The Huel complete food is number in the United States for a good reason. It’s not only highly nutritious but also very affordable.
Huel is also free of GMO, lactose, and soy which make it suitable for people under a vegan and gluten-free diet.
Advantage and disadvantages according to Eñaut Betiri Irazabalbeitia:
- You can select either in ready-to-drink or powder form.
- Manufacturers are a well-known US-based company.
- You’ll benefit from 30 grams of protein per serving.
- It may be a little pricy compared to your typical soylent drinks. Nevertheless, it’s still affordable if you compare them side-by-side with other soylent alternatives.
- You may find that the taste is a bit bland and texture is powdery.
This meal replacement is plant-based and sought after by health-conscious people because it’s made from all-natural ingredients. In each bottle, you’ll get more than a complete meal but also benefit from probiotics, fibers, and healthy fats.
You can avail Ample V in three different versions which include powder, pre-portioned, and sealed. It’s very convenient because you’ll only need to add water.
The Latestfuels website mentioned these advantages and disadvantages of Ample V:
- Ingredients used are from high-quality organics.
- It doesn’t contain artificial flavorings and sweeteners.
- It contains no soy-based ingredients. Thus, it’s suitable for those practicing veganism and non-gluten diets.
- They offer a US-version shake.
- It’s expensive.
- They only offer original flavor.
- Although the product provides complete calories, it may lack certain macronutrients.
Jimmy Joy’s Plenny Shake
Aside from its nutritious content, it’s also environmental-friendly and very affordable.
Plenny Shake contains balanced amounts of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. It also has sufficient amounts of vitamins and minerals to help your body function properly.
Latestfuels listed the following pros and cons:
- They offer a starter pack.
- You can enjoy seven different flavors.
- Ready-to-drink bottles.
- Although affordable and can provide enough energy, it’s not a good source protein.
- Although they offer a variety of flavors, the taste may not be as good as expected.
Top Soylent Alternative in Canada
Superbodyfuels’ Super Fuel
Before the brand name, Super Fuel was used, they’re formerly known as Schmoylent and Light Fuel. They’re sold in powder form that’s easy to prepare. You just need to add water and oil then after combining them all then you may now enjoy your meal.
It’s jam-packed with nutrients but low in carbohydrates. This particular feature makes it not only an excellent option for vegans and gluten-free dieters but also those under a ketogenic diet.
- Perfect replacements meals for people practicing a keto diet because of its low-carb and high-fat ingredients.
- You can easily adjust to the products offered macros.
- Although it’s high in fats, it doesn’t contain essential omega-3 fatty acids.
- You may need to add dietary oils to add flavor.
Its manufacturers tout an all-natural and eco-friendly ingredients. Ambronite is perfect for people always on-the-go. It satisfies your cravings in only 2 minutes and you’d feel full for four hours.
Because it’s made of organic ingredients and contains no soy or wheat, it’s perfect for people on a gluten-free diet, vegan, and soy intolerant. Also, its high-fat content makes it keto-friendly.
- Organic ingredients.
- They offer big discounts.
- It’s free of gluten, dairy, and soy.
- They only offer three different flavors.
If you’re looking for nutritious and flavorful then Hol Food Meal Replacement is for you. Many of its reviews mentioned how pleasantly tasting it is, thus, many of soylent users opt for Hol Foods.
- Top Canadian brand name in the Complete Foods/Meal Replacement industry.
- So far, no negative feedback from customers.
- They offer affordable sample packs.
- It contains a different variety of nutrition compared to soylent.
- It’s not suitable for vegans.
Top Soylent Alternative in Europe
This brand is one of the favorites of the author Latestfuels, Eñaut Betiri Irazabalbeitia. According to him, it’s delightfully delicious and they offer 8 flavors to choose from.
He added that it’s very affordable and they give away subscription discounts. Purchasing on their website is convenient plus you may also earn rewards.
- The consistency of the drink is thin and easy to consume.
- It offers 8 different delicious flavors.
- Great customer experience and offers rewards for loyal customers.
- It may be easy to drink but its thin texture might fail to completely satisfy your hunger.
- They only offer one type of vegan option.
Saturo Complete Foods is an Austrian brand that offers 6 varieties of flavors in a 330 ml bottle. It includes original, banana, vanilla, coconut, chocolate, and strawberry.
It’s the European imitation of the Regular Soylent brand. It’s one of the bestselling in most European because other Soylent and other Soylent alternatives aren’t available in remote places of Europe.
- Offers in powder form and ready-to-drink.
- A variety of flavors to choose from.
- It’s very affordable
- Similar consistency with a regular soylent product
- It contains fewer nutrients comparing among other soylent products listed this list.
It’s a soylent alternative product of France. They receive many positive reviews and one of which is it has a savory and sweet taste.
It’s available in powder form and sports drinks. They also light drinks and organic versions designed for individuals maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- They offer different versions such as bars, powders, and ready-to-drinks.
- It’s gluten-free and suitable for vegans.
- Best tasting flavors
- Not an excellent choice for those practicing a low-carb diet like the Atkins and Ketogenic diet.
- Not the best option in terms of affordability.
Top Brands From The Rest Of The Globe
- Queal Standard
- Super fuel