Wheatgrass enema is known to serve as a detoxifier. But beyond that, it also has some other health benefits. Wheatgrass in itself is obtained from the plant, Triticum aestivum. It is thought to be a powerful health food that offers amazing benefits. It can either be taken in its powdered form or as fresh juice. Proponents of wheatgrass have long talked about the countless ways wheatgrass can benefit us. It could be used to treat certain diseases and serve also as a daily health tonic. However, there is a need for more research before these benefits can be widely accepted.
Wheatgrass indeed contains a combination of a powerful nutrient that supports health. It may also have some therapeutic effect and is said to be a complete source of nourishment. The impressive profile of nutrients and vitamins make wheatgrass a good choice for one’s well-being. It may also possess some antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. You can find iron, enzymes, calcium, phytonutrients, magnesium, vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, seventeen amino acids, proteins, and chlorophyll.
Wheatgrass Enema Benefits
- Eliminates toxins – Wheatgrass nutrition plays supporting roles in the body waste and toxins excretion. An example le is chlorophyll which helps in detoxifying the body while supporting liver function. A cleansed body will experience increased levels of energy and better overall health.
- Assists digestion – There are high enzyme levels found in wheatgrass and they help indigestion. They can do this by assisting the breakdown of food and absorbing nutrients which both are good for digestion. The detoxification ability of wheatgrass helps in cleaning the intestine which reduces gas, abdominal discomfort, and bloating. Wheatgrass may be helpful too in relieving constipation, and some digestive issues like irritable bowel syndrome.
- Boosts metabolism – Consumption of wheatgrass enema helps boost the body’s metabolism and helps in weight reduction. This is a great choice for people watching their weight since it has zero fat and low calories. Wheatgrass is also nutrient-filled and this may cause its user to feel full longer and faster reducing cravings.
- Lowers cholesterol – Another possible benefit of wheatgrass is that it helps in reducing cholesterol levels. Those on a weight loss goal will benefit here as reduced cholesterol is one of the tools required to achieve their goals. Low cholesterol levels also reduce the possibility of getting heart disease.
- Boosts the immune system – Your immune system function is improved as you drink wheatgrass. It aids in warding off diseases and infections. In addition to this, your immunity will perform at maximum levels and this is good as your body can easily recover from certain illnesses.
- Supplies energy – The nourishment you get from this enema might increase the level of energy in your body to help you carry out your daily activities. You will feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Lowers blood pressure – Consuming wheatgrass can help lower one’s blood pressure. The chlorophyll in it is almost like hemoglobin, and this increases the count of your blood cells. It will help normalize your blood pressure, improve circulation of blood, and also purify your blood.
- Enhances cognitive function – Your mental health may benefit from wheatgrass consumption too. This enema may also relieve anxiety and is said to possess some neuroprotective functions, which lead to better cognitive effects. It may also help prevent loss of memory and improve eye to hand coordination.
- Helps diabetics – Wheatgrass may help improve the level of blood sugar in diabetics. That may be because it has similar compounds with insulin. These compounds reduce its glycemic index which has a good effect on the level of blood sugar.
- Aids arthritis – Wheatgrass anti-inflammatory properties may ease some arthritis symptoms like stiffness, swelling, and pain. It may cause improved function and less discomfort.
- Anticancer potential – There are a few studies linking wheatgrass with cancer. It is thought to have anticancer potential. The reason for this may be because wheatgrass can kill off some cells. If used with some other cancer conventional treatment mode, it may boost one’s immunity and help with detox. There is still the need for larger studies to confirm these promising effects.
Some wheatgrass side effects have been reported. They include nausea, upset stomach, constipation, and headache. You can avoid these side effects by ensuring that you source your wheatgrass was properly grown and from a trusted supplier. This will reduce the chances of mold and harmful bacteria.
Start taking your wheatgrass first in small quantities to monitor how you react to it. If the coast is clear, then you can gradually increase your intake, until you get to the recommended dosage. This will give your body time to adjust to it.
The side effects usually go away in about two weeks or when your body is properly adjusted. Breastfeeding or pregnant women should not use wheatgrass. It is also possible to experience allergic reactions. People with celiac disease or a blood disorder may be affected differently.
How to Use Wheatgrass Powder
In case you are wondering what to do with wheatgrass powder, here is how to use it.
- Stir it into your cup of filtered warm water and drink.
- Start with a little amount then gradually work up your dosage, as said before.
Wheatgrass enema is highly nutritious and is sure to add some benefits to your life. Just make sure you purchase the quality ones and use them well. You may also want to get your doctor’s approval before using It especially if you have some health conditions.